Wednesday, July 17, 2013

XAVIER DOLAN - Filmmaker

















I stumble to Xavier Dolan's Heartbeats on Netflix and was taken away by it. Its a simple story told in a very stylized and beautiful manner. Recently I have been hearing a lot about his new movie Laurence Anyways. Check out an interview with this marvelous filmmaker.
"So many times I’ve been bullied into references and influences that were never mine by viewers that would project their opinions and associations and assumptions on me. I remember some journalist wrote: “Yes, we got it, you saw Godard’s  2 or 3 Things I Know About Her.” I had never heard of that movie. I know who Godard is, and I’ve seen 2 films by him. But let’s get real: ideas travel and everything’s been done, it’s all a matter of interpreting things again now."

No comments: